Gerard H. Brimo is the speaker for the next Philippine Mining Luncheon on August 5. 2011. His topic is a Rebuttal to the Save Palawan Movement that is calling on Filipinos to support the ‘No to Mining in Palawan’. Brimo is President and CEO of Nickel Asia Corp (NAC) and a member of the Audit Committee of the board. NAC is the Philippines’ largest producer of lateritic nickel ore and one of the largest in the world. It has a long operating history, starting with the sale of ore in 1977 from its first mine, Rio Tuba. Since then, it has expanded to four operating mines and has sold a total of about 60 Mt of ore up to 2010. Contact [email protected]
Brimo is also the president of two privately owned exploration companies, Newminco Nickel Mining Corp and Newminco Pacific Mining Corp. He began his mining career with Philex Mining as a Vice President in 1985 and served as Chairman and CEO from 1994 until his retirement in December 2003. He once served as Chairman and President of the Chamber of Mines of the Philippines. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Manhattan College, USA and his Master of Business Management degree from the Asian Institute of Management.
This networking event is associated with the Melbourne Mining Club. As always the luncheon – sponsored by International Mining among others – will provide:
- An informal networking opportunity
- Held over lunch on every even month
- Access to Leaders of the Global Mining Industry
- With the chance for industry representatives from all sectors to engage with an informative and engaging speaker who will present on topics such as minerals industry development, exploration, investment opportunities, expansions or mining in general
- An opportunity for you to explore new business leads.