Oxford Instruments says the new member of its handheld XRF analyser X-MET7000 series, the X-MET7500 delivers fast and accurate analysis of the widest variety of materials, including trace elements and light elements (from magnesium) analysis, without the need for helium purge or vacuum pump. This new look and feel now is packed with top-of-the-range features, a new user-friendly software, powerful reporting tools and the longest battery life on the market, the company says.It is the ideal screening tool:
- Metal industries: Positive Material Identification
- Metal recycling; Scrap sorting
- Gold and Precious Metals verification, including tramp elements in jewellery
- Mining processes: Ore exploration, on-site excavation control
- Environmental screening: Heavy metals in soils
- Lead and other hazardous substances in paint, toys and other consumer goods
- RoHS / WEEE / ELV compliance screening
- Treated wood recycling
- Drywall analysis: low sulphur analysis
The X-MET7500 comes with the same benefits as the X-MET7000 and with additional analytical capability. To ensure total flexibility, the X-MET7500 includes Oxford Instruments’ X-ray tube and Silicon-drift detector (SDD).
The X-MET7000 series offers an improved, intuitive and easy-to-read graphical user interface. Large functional icons make learning how to use the instrument simple and quick. The bright and high contrast 4.3″ Blanview® transmissive LCD touch screen ensures optimal outdoor viewing, even in direct sunlight. Its ease of use guarantees maximum productivity. Both handheld XRF analysers come with a new enhanced data download reporting flexibility. The result screen and reports can be easily customised, e.g. to show only pass/fail messages. The rugged, yet light and compact design of the X-METs withstands the harshest environments and weather conditions.