Enirgi Group Corp reports that following initial commissioning of its commercial scale demonstration lithium carbonate processing plant (the DXP Plant) at its flagship lithium project, the Salar del Rincón in Salta, Argentina, the DXP Plant is now producing lithium carbonate (Li2CO3) on a daily basis. The final stages of commissioning are going to plan and the DXP Plant is currently ramping up to full design.
Highlights of the DXP Plant’s first production:
- The DXP Plant is designed to produce battery grade lithium carbonate directly from raw, unconcentrated brine
- The DXP Plant was operated using Enirgi Group’s proprietary lithium extraction technology (DXP Technology), developed in-house by Enirgi Group’s Innovation Division in cooperation with the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- Product was produced directly from raw, unconcentrated brine from the Salar del Rincón (no solar evaporation)
- Lithium Carbonate product was produced in less than 24 hours
- A group of five research analysts from various Canadian and US banks and brokerage firms participated in a site visit to the DXP Plant on May 25 to see the production of lithium carbonate.
Wayne Richardson, President & CEO, of Enirgi Group, said: “Our team continues to deliver extraordinary results since the start-up of the first section of the DXP Plant and we are extremely pleased to announce that we have produced first product of lithium carbonate. Progress continues to be made at a rapid pace as we ramp up to design footprint and work towards sign-off from our technology partner, ANSTO. Enirgi Group’s mission since day one has been to produce lithium carbonate in less than 24 hours utilizing our proprietary DXP Technology. Developing a technology capable of this, was a considerable feat of ingenuity, engineering, and perseverance and we are proud to announce that we are the first in the industry to reach this feat and successfully produce lithium carbonate without the use of traditional solar evaporation techniques.”
Enirgi Group is a privately held multinational conglomerate with six unique divisions that own and operate a portfolio of high-quality assets and operations located around the world. Enirgi Group’s newly formed Advanced Materials Division is advancing the development of the Enirgi lithium project located in the province of Salta, Argentina.
Enirgi Group is wholly-owned by Sentient Group. The Sentient Group Ltd is an independent private equity investment firm specializing in the global resources industry with over $2.7 billion of assets under management in metal, mineral and energy assets across the globe.