Hexagon Mining has introduced Stope Optimizer, a strategic mine planning tool for underground. It automates the design of stope shapes for a range of stoping methods. Using constraints and design parameters, Stope Optimizer provides the optimal stope shape design to maximize the value of an orebody. The outputs (stope wireframes, coded block model, and reports) are suitable for use in strategic and tactical planning.
Stope Optimizer allows you to quickly and easily perform feasibility studies for underground, as well as investigate stoping frameworks and economic scenarios. Its integration with the MineSight Mine Planning Suite saves time and money because by integrating with the block model and MineSight 3D, the output can be easily used in our scheduling tools.
“Mineral and metal deposits for global consumer and technology evolution are located deeper and deeper under the overburden of our earth,” said Product Manager, Alyson Cartwright. “Stope Optimizer is the latest addition to our dynamic catalog of standalone and full integration-ready modules. These build upon our specific product lines in pit mining and include our latest acquisition, MiPlan tablet-based task management.”
Other highlights include:
- Identifies both economic and sub-economic stope shapes
- Works with sub-blocked and non-sub-blocked models
- Supports irregular stope frameworks and complex stope shapes
- Use of surfaces for controlling and restricting stope creation
- Uses industry standard algorithm
- Integration with MineSight 3D and Advanced Reporting and Charting
- Allows for detailed constraint and optimization options.