On-site safety signs such as WARNING! Enter with Extreme Caution! are designed to alert maintenance workers to potential hazards before entering and performing maintenance work in dangerous and unsafe materials handling environments such as inside chutes, silos and hoppers. Often the necessary maintenance work may require permits and adherence to safety precautions before entering these “confined areas”.
Kinder says its latest innovation in skirting maintenance, the K-Conlock Clamp System removes all the maintenance issues & OHS risks associated with working in “confined spaces”. The advantages of flexibility in changing out skirting seals from the outside in a matter of minutes reduces production down time and promotes continuous productivity. K-Conlock Clamp System also fulfils the practical requirement of a reliable and serviceable clamp system that is free of complications and doesn’t rely on the need for special tools to maintain correct seal pressure.
K-Conlock Clamp System can be easily installed and effectively accessed from outside the transfer point, eliminating all OHS issues and the need for maintenance staff to put their hands in often hard to reach, unexposed confined areas.
Skirting seals such as Kinder’s K-Containment Seal can easily be clamped between the chute wall and K-Conlock Clamp System locking plate. Adjustments to the assembly can be quickly and easily made from the outside, without being completed disassembled, this effectively saves operational maintenance time and resources. Various types of soft skirting can be interchanged and retained using this clamp system, further helping to reduce maintenance costs. Key Features:
• Safer conveyor skirting system with quick and simple change out, often in minutes
• Suitable for both trough conveyors and flat feeders
• Allows easy access to K-Containment Seal adjusting bolts from outside the chute without removing the locking plate on the clamp system
• Cheaper ongoing skirting replacement costs compared to K-Snap-Loc Dust Seal System.
• Improved Safety & OHS Hazards Eliminated
• Improved Efficiency
• Minimise production down time
• Reduced Maintenance Costs and Resources.