Mining software solutions provider, MICROMINE, has launched a new bundle subscription model for Australian customers to keep pace with industry need. The Australian-headquartered company, which offers software solutions that span the mining lifecycle – from geological exploration and data management to resource estimation, 3D mine design, planning and production control – will make the change from contract-based licensing to subscription this week.
MICROMINE Chief Commercial Officer, Vicky Bevilaqua, said the change was in response to customer feedback, reporting they wanted flexibility to use the industry-leading software as and when they needed. “It’s no longer a matter of whether individuals and companies want to go digital, as it was when we started our business more than 30 years ago, it’s now a matter of how, where and when they want to digitalise their activities, so MICROMINE is keeping pace with that change,” Bevilaqua said.
“The move from contract-based licensing agreements to a subscription model reflects a transition we’ve seen across many media and software-based industries, including on-demand television, online music streaming and computer operating systems. Consumers no longer want to buy software and services outright, they want the flexibility and convenience to use services and systems as and when they need,” she added.
“For junior explorers in Australia, for whom traditional one-off purchases is cost prohibitive, MICROMINE’s new offering alleviates the need to find the capital to invest in software upfront and they can choose the subscription period they need. For larger customers, who purchase multiple licenses, they benefit from a lower initial cost and the ability to offset the costs over a number of years, as well as an ability to change their licensing arrangements and software choices as their needs change and projects evolve from exploration through to full production.”
MICROMINE’s bundle subscription model for new Australian customers comes into effect on 19 August 2019. Customers can choose from an assortment of bundles covering the entire mining value chain. “Being able to purchase daily, monthly and yearly subscriptions, customers have more product available to them in the bundles than ever before, the flexibility to choose the period and functionality required and reduce cash flow, as they now do not have to purchase a licence outright.”
Software bundles include;
- Explorer: providing visualisation, drill-hole management and analytical tools to optimise exploration projects.
- Geology Modeller: enabling geologists to use the best industry explicit and implicit modelling tools to map, record and analyse geological data.
- Resource Modeller: providing the most comprehensive suite of modelling tools on the market to build, manipulate and estimate resources for any commodity.
- Stratigraphic Modeller: delivering a suite of stratigraphic modelling tools to model and estimate resources through a unique and efficient workflow.
- Mine Surveyor: providing the tools required to manage, manipulate and report on surveying data.
- Mine Designer: specifically designed for a mining engineer, providing powerful and intuitive tools for planning and designing for underground or open pit.
- Mine Scheduler: allows a mining engineer to optimise and schedule their mine with a smart solution that assists with short-term resource extraction planning, creating an optimum mineral extraction process to meet corporate objectives.
Once the licence is activated, customers have access to free scheduled training, along with Micromine’s user forum and global licensing support five days a week. The subscription-based licensing will only be available for new Australia-based customers.