Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology introduces the Sandvik DR410i rotary blasthole drill, it says continuing its long tradition of developing innovative technology to help customers enhance safety, improve productivity and reduce cost.
Compact, powerful and technologically advanced, the Sandvik DR410i is designed to deliver “unmatched productivity and return on investment” for 152-251 mm rotary and DTH holes, with a standard mast offering a first pass capability of 10 m or 33 ft and a max depth of 46.6 m or 153 ft. The extended mast option delivers a first pass option of 14 m or 46 ft with a total depth capacity of 32.3 m or 106 ft across all recommended pipe diameters.
The Sandvik DR410i is also automation-ready, when equipped with our AutoMine® solution module which provides functionality for both on-board and off-board automated needs. This scalable solution, from on-board automation that increases drilling efficiency to full autonomous operation, is designed to meet customer needs both now and in the future.
A number of features are available to protect operators and maintainance personnel while minimising risk in the dangerous environments where drilling is often conducted:
- Ergonomic cab environment reduces operator fatigue
- Patented deck wrench allows bit change in conjunction with optional remote-control crane eliminates manual bit handling, reducing injury potential.
- Dedicated ladder provides easy access to mast components for inspection and maintenance. Safety is further enhanced with the addition of fiberglass reinforced plastic grating mast infill and certified tie-off points addressing working at heights concerns.
- Non-rust fiberglass reinforced grating used throughout for improved footing and rust resistance.
Key features of the Sandvik DR410i the company says work collectively to increase productivity. The Sandvik Intelligent Control System Architecture (SICA) provides the operator with real-time feedback regarding the machine’s performance and health, ensuring quality and consistency hole-to-hole. Some of the other key productivity-enhancing features include:
- Single-pass depth to 14 m without the need to add pipe
- Rotary or DTH drilling options
- 58,000 lbf (258 kN) weight on bit
- Onboard automated features such as Auto Drill and Auto Cycle ensure quality and consistency hole-to-hole.
- Auto Mast and Auto Level functions ensure consistent operations and reduce wear on structural weldments.
- Breakout wrench speeds change from one pipe to another.
The Sandvik DR410i is also equipped with several features that improve the efficiency of customers’ operations while simultaneously cutting costs:
- Scalable solution, from on-board automation that increases drilling efficiency to full autonomous operation
- Live oil sampling station eliminates potential for system contamination
- Fast-fill fluid service center speeds fluid replenishment
Dave Shellhammer, President, Rotary Drilling Division, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology comments: “We continue to expand our iSeries family of rotary blasthole drills with the introduction of Sandvik DR410i. This automation-ready, mid-size drill provides mines in hard rock conditions with a powerful and productive option to safely drill the perfect hole, providing exceptional value. The rapid expansion of our iSeries family reinforces our culture of fast-moving innovation and our never-ending focus on our customers, whose feedback we have used in the development of this new product.”