Robit says it has taken up the challenge of making its drill bits even better, introducing a new button bit series manufactured with recycled steel.
The new Robit Superior Rbit™ Button Bit Series achieve faster rates of penetration and the lowest cost-per-metre, according to the company.
In line with Robit’s sustainable manufacturing process, the Rbit is manufactured on fully automated production lines and finished with “eco-friendly” water-based paint, the company says.
The Rbit features:
- An optimised button layout configuration on the Flat Face model to ensure maximum rock contact and energy transmission;
- A new transition face developed in both the Flat Face and Drop Center models to improve the transfer of percussive energy into the rock;
- Enhanced flushing design now available in the Flat Face and Drop Center models, delivering an even faster rate of penetration.
- Redesigned wider retrac grooves to allow more space, delivering a better flow for the cuttings; and
- Heavy duty models available in both the Flat Face and Drop Center models.
“All of our new high quality Rbit drill bits have been designed with state-of-the-art computer fluid dynamics simulation,” the company says. “Moreover, field tests globally have demonstrated clear evidence of a superior drilling performance which our technical simulation had already guaranteed.”
Robit says its partner drillers were happy with the performance and noted better flushing and longer grinding intervals with the new Rbit drill bits.
“Robit products are developed in the challenging rock conditions of Scandinavia and have a proven record globally,” the company says. “With Robit’s new Rbit, we have found yet another way to deliver excellence to our customers worldwide.”