K-Tec Earthmovers and Cypher Environmental have signed a mutually beneficial strategic alliance to, they say, promote responsible and efficient mining practices around the world.
The two Manitoba-headquartered companies are working together to bring awareness to the new and improved methods of mine site management that can bring out massive efficiencies and savings for mining organisations, they say.
Specifically, the strategic alliance outlines strategies for Cypher Environmental & K-Tec to co-promote brands & products, including:
- Promoting awareness in the worldwide mining industry to be aware of:
- A more efficient way to transport material with K-Tec’s Scrapers which can be used behind a mine’s existing ADTs or rigid dump trucks for a solution to move material with less labour, fuel and maintenance;
- A more long-term solution for smoother haul roads and faster cycle times with Cypher Environmental’s ROAD//STABILIZR product; and
- A safer, environmentally friendly, water conservation solution to control dust using Cypher Environmental’s DUST/BLOKR product.
- Drive mutual brand recognition and publicity within the mining industry to investigate both K-Tec’s scrapers and Cypher Environmental’s products; and
- Investigate sales synergies where Cypher’s products may ship inside the same 40 ft (12.2 m) sea container along with K-Tec’s bolt-together mining scrapers for an efficient shipment, direct to mine sites around the world.
Cypher Environmental President, Todd Burns, said: “K-Tec is a mining equipment manufacturer that is disrupting the traditional methods of moving mass amounts of material on mine sites by using efficient scrapers with less labour and fuel. K-Tec’s scraper productivity can be further elevated by incorporating Cypher’s ROAD//STABILIZR product on haul roads.
“Traditionally, with haulage costs representing up to 50% of operational costs for open-pit mines, it makes sense to pay attention to your roads. Cypher focuses on helping clients enhance their haul roads and achieve reductions in rolling resistance, increased productivity, reduced fuel and water consumption, reduced maintenance requirements and costs, and, of course, less dust! The combination of our products on a mine site is extremely impactful for bottom line profitability, and Cypher is excited to co-promote our offerings along with K-Tec.”
K-Tec Earthmovers Inc President & Chief Executive Officer, Mike Palitsky, said: “Cypher Environmental’s products are a game changer in mine productivity and safety. There is an ongoing shift towards environmentally friendly solutions that is critical for the mining industry and general society. When a more sustainable approach is used to design and maintain mine sites, we make a positive change in the world.
“Cypher’s products have zero environmental impact. Likewise, K-Tec scrapers allow for greater production requiring less cycles per day to shrink the earthmoving carbon footprint compared to traditional methods of earthmoving. We believe that the signing of this strategic alliance progresses our mutual goal to further efficient mining operations around the world to open up current and future opportunities to make a mutual global impact.”