SIEMAG TECBERG and a subsidiary of EuroChem have signed agreements for the delivery of shaft hoisting systems at the Usolskiy potash complex in Perm, Russia.
This complex is built around Verkhnekamskoe, one of the world‘s largest potash deposits.
One expansion phase of the Usolskiy complex includes the already started construction of a third production shaft (Usolskiy Shaft No. 3) with a depth of 511.7 m as well as a further treatment system.
The present agreement requires SIEMAG TECBERG to undertake the engineering, production, delivery, supervision of assembly and commissioning of the following equipment:
- Shaft hoisting systems for raw material extraction;
- Double-drum winding machine, diameter 6 m, for skip extraction with a drive capacity of 4.55 MW designed for an annual hoisting capacity of up to 4.2 Mt. Sliding bearings with bearing lubrication, a type SB1 hydraulic braking system, rope sheaves for deflection, as well as automation and signalling equipment complete this shaft hoisting system package;
- Hoisting equipment in the form of raw-material containers for shaft hoisting;
- Loading stations on two levels underground;
- Two rope deflection sheaves, diameter 6 m;
- Shaft hoisting systems for personnel and equipment;
- One-rope drum hoisting machine, diameter 3.6 m, for cage hoisting with one gearbox and an overall drive capacity of 1.5 MW (2 x 750 kW), including rolling bearings, a type SB1 hydraulic braking system together with automation and signalling equipment as well as a rope sheave for deflection;
- Hoisting means (one-stage cage) with 10 t payload;
- Two cage arresting devices;
- Equipment for rope changing; and
- Reeling winch, including accessories.
In the recently expanded TECBERG park, SIEMAG TECBERG is carrying out all the necessary work to ensure efficient assembly/installation and final commissioning on site. This includes complete functional assembly/installation of the equipment together with extensive system tests on drive test stands as well as pre-commissioning with all pre-settings, it said.
SIEMAG TECBERG’s “Logistics & Certification Competence for the CIS” also helps the customer achieve the fastest possible and problem-free registration and transfer of the equipment to its stock of capital equipment under official supervision.
After commissioning of the systems, the team at Usolskiy will be supported on site with the necessary spare parts, plus maintenance of the delivered equipment by qualified SIEMAG TECBERG personnel from the local service branch and storage facility at Berezniki in the Perm region.
Pictured is the Complex of Usolskiy Shaft No. 3 in (© Eurochem. Image use with kind permission.)