SPX FLOW Inc says it has expanded its portfolio of construction cylinders to include a series of locking collar cylinders for applications requiring mechanical cribbing or supporting loads for extended periods, such as in construction, mining and heavy equipment maintenance.
The new RGL Series comes with enhanced safety and durability, along with the trust and reliability of the SPX FLOW Power Team brand, the company said.
“We pride ourselves on being a global leader in hydraulic pumps and tools and this new cylinder platform is designed to offer a safe, reliable and efficient lifting solution,” Derek Dreier, the Global Product Manager of SPX FLOW’s Hydraulic Technologies, said. “With multiple patented features, the design of the RGL Series targets the specific needs of our industrial customers.”
Available in tonnages from 50-504 t and stroke lengths of 50-300 mm, the RGL series will be assembled at SPX FLOW’s facility in Rockford, Illinois. The company says it includes features such as:
- A positive mechanical locking collar to safely support loads for extended periods of time while releasing hydraulic pressure, exceeding ANSI B30.1 safety standards;
- A patented swivel cap, along with an optimised piston gland design, to provide reduced side loading;
- Cylinder components that use POWER-TECH nitrocarburisation surface treatment to give a hard, wear-resistant surface that withstands corrosion and surface stresses;
- A robust retaining ring to withstand full-load end stop;
- A buttress thread designed for security and quick run-down; and
- Sealing technology to provide rod lubrication to reduce friction and wear.
“We’re focused on providing safe and reliable products for tough applications,” Dreier said. “This new RGL series is the latest example of just that.”