Metso Outotec is introducing what it says is another innovative plant concept, Flotation Plant Units, to its minerals processing portfolio.
The solution provides unparalleled metallurgical performance by seamlessly integrating functional design with a comprehensive scope, leading to high operational reliability and a fast return on investment, according to the company. Compared with the traditional delivery, Flotation Plant Units result in the earliest time-to-volume, it says.
Tatu Miettinen, Product Manager, Flotation Islands at Metso Outotec, said: “In flotation, changing ore types can cause recovery losses, and poorly integrated plant equipment leads to underperformance. Maximising overall performance and reliability requires in-depth understanding of the complex flotation circuit sizing. All these concerns have been taken into consideration in the design of the Metso Outotec modularised Flotation Plant Units to provide unmatched results. The plant units feature industry-leading technologies, which also include several Planet Positive solutions. The units consist of state-of-the-art flotation equipment, conditioners, froth handling systems, as well as automation and sophisticated services.”
The Flotation Plant Units are Metso Outotec’s fourth complete plant unit launch for concentrator plants. The previous launches include Stirred Mill Plant Units, Horizontal Mill Plant Units and Filtration Plant Units.
The Metso Outotec Flotation Plant Units benefits, as stated by the company, include:
- Integrates flotation circuit testing, piloting and modelling capabilities from in-house test centres and modeling software into unrivalled flotation circuit design capabilities;
- One-stop-shop from testing to full plant delivery;
- Froth handling is designed for a high operational window, allowing for flexibility in circuit operation;
- High emphasis on accessibility;
- Maximised maintainability and froth visibility thanks to optimal pipe and cable routing, which keeps the top of the cells clear;
- Safe, easy and representative process sampling; and
- Option to vary flotation circuit configuration online.
Metso Outotec says it has one of the widest portfolios of flotation solutions on the market, with an installed base of over 15,000 flotation equipment installations around the world.