Sykes Group, a leading name in the realm of dewatering pump solutions, has launched its latest innovation, the Sykes/Primax XH250 for mining and quarry applications.
The XH250 is set to revolutionise dewatering operations in these sectors, offering a reliable solution for operations that are continually expanding, reaching greater depths and widths.
The pump, which complements Sykes’ existing range of Extra High Head pumps, delivers higher heads and flow rates than its predecessors to ensure consistent equipment access to all areas of mining and quarry sites, the company says.
Key features of the Sykes XH250 as stated by the company include:
- Versatile drive options: The XH250 is available in both diesel- and electric-drive configurations, and it can be mounted on skids, trailers, or pontoons;
- Impressive performance: The XH250 is engineered to deliver 200 litres/second at 220 m or 250 litres/second at 200 m, ensuring reliable and efficient dewatering;
- Innovative pump design: The pump’s design incorporates several key features to enhance its longevity and performance, including extraordinary shaft stiffness ratios, multiple priming options, advanced bearing arrangements and exceptional sealing solutions;
- Front and rear wear plates: Sykes Pumps’ inclusion of wear plates offers the ability to make fine adjustments to the impeller-wear plate clearance, enabling customers to restore pump efficiency without the need for extensive overhauls;
- Material options: the Sykes XH250 is available with various material options to suit specific applications, including 316 SS Impeller, wear plates, and SG iron Volute, among others. Other options are Full 316 SS, CS340, CS500, CD4MCU, H7A SS, CD4MCU, SAF2205 and SAF2507.
The company concluded: “The Sykes XH250 is a testament to our commitment to providing efficient and reliable dewatering solutions for the mining and quarry industries.”
Sykes Group became part of the Atlas Copco Group Power and Flow Division this month.