Duratec says it has secured a major contract with BHP WA Iron Ore (BHP WAIO) that will see it carry out wharf remediation works at the BHP Berth C&D at Finucane Island, in Port Hedland, Western Australia.
The A$48 million ($32 million) project award follows a successful competitive tender (following early engineering input by Duratec’s technical engineering team), with work set to commence immediately, with a start on site scheduled for March 2023. The project is anticipated to be completed by February 2025.
The project’s key objectives on the wharf include:
- Repair to steel piles and steel members;
- Replacement of steel ladders;
- Concrete remediation;
- Pile wrapping repairs;
- Pile jacket installation;
- Fabrication and installation of a new raw water line and hose connection points;
- Approach jetty and maintenance jetty repair (Berth D); and
- Demolition of two access landings (Berth C and between Berth C&D).
Duratec’s Managing Director, Phil Harcourt, said: “Duratec continues to demonstrate its ability to secure work through its early contractor involvement engagement model by working with its clients early in partnership to deliver project solutions that are beneficial to all parties.”