Perenti-owned African Mining Services (AMS) has been awarded a contract extension for surface mining activities at Resolute Mining Limited’s Mako gold mine in Senegal, it says.
The revised contract is valued at approximately $85 million over a period of four years, commencing on January 1, 2023.
Through AMS, Perenti has provided surface mining activities at the Mako mine since 2017.
Mako is owned and operated by Resolute’s Senegalese subsidiary, Petowal Mining Company S.A. Resolute has a 90% interest in Petowal and the Government of Senegal holds the remaining 10%.
It is a conventional drill and blast, truck and shovel operation with mining services undertaken by AMS. The carbon-in-leach processing plant has greater than 2 Mt/y of installed capacity and comprises a crushing circuit, an 8 MW SAG mill and gold extraction circuit.